Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Hello Old Friend...

It's been a minute since I've blogged. Admittedly, since the days of "Xanga" (God, is that even a term people remember?), the practice isn't as viral or trendy as it once was. For one, the internet has become a much more savage wilderness, and my life hasn't been as enthralling as it was when I was in my 20s (largely by design). But there is a lot more going on in the world, in politics, in my career, and in my personal life. To name a few, the White House is on the brink of some strange apocalypse, I'm currently an associate editor for a history magazine (my first big job out of college), and I'm recently engaged to my boyfriend of 7 years. My main hesitation on returning to blogging was really "does anyone really want to hear the voice of another 30-something millennial complaining about her first world problems?" Then I realized, that's exactly what the internet needs.
 No. Not really.
 But there are some things I feel like I could provide perspective on and I do feel like I have a voice that I'd like to share. If not to help someone else, at least myself. And there's catharsis in that, isn't there? Catharsis is important. Maybe I'll even find surprisingly that I'm still as interesting as I was in my youth. (Likely not.)
 So here's my return to the blogging world. To sum, I am a young black woman from Pennsylvania, a Penn State graduate who's obsessed with podcasts, consumes news like a fiending drug addict (and not just as of late), likes anime, video games, cats, chocolate, red wines, gossip columns, and arguing with my fiancĂ© over American involvement in Guatemala during the Banana Republic (I didn't speak to him for 2 days after such debate). So I'll be talking about all these things. This is me in all my glorious, bizarre, neurotic, nerdy strangeness.
 I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee within the last two hours so bear with me. Welcome to hell. Or rather, welcome to the clutter that is my mind. Watch your step.


No comments:

Post a Comment